Irvine Colony Club Tennis/Pickleball Rules FAQ


1. What is Play Time Log (PTL)?

Play Time Log is a paper based check-in and check-out sign-up sheet to track court usage. Once this system is approved by the board of directors, it will be posted on the bulletin board inside the tennis/pickleball court.


2. What is the purpose of PTL?

  • a. To track play time in order to avoid players from hogging the court.
  • b. To track players who reserve the court but no show.
  • c. To gather more accurate court utilization stats for future service enhancement.


3. Why can't we setup the PTL sheet online?

We felt that players need to be physically on the court in order to check-in on the PTL sheet provides a more accurate stat. That said, we can review its effectiveness in 6 months and decide the best approach.


4. Can I use PTL to make court reservations?

No. PTL is not a reservation system. It is an activity log.


5. I already made online reservation. Do I still need to check-in on the PTL sheet when I play?

Yes. If you have online reservation and don't check-in on the PTL sheet when you play, you will be counted as no show and penalized per court rules.


6. Do I have to check-in on the PTL sheet each time I play?

Yes. You must check-in on the PTL sheet each time you play. If you don't check-in on the PTL sheet and don't have reservations, other players have the right to take over the court.


7. My PTL time is added up to more than 2 hours per day or more than 8 hours per week. Am I violating any court rules?

No. It is within the rules that you can play for more than 2 hours per day if there are open courts.


8. I walk into an open court and also verified there is no online reservation. Am I guaranteed to have the court for the next hour?

No. If other players reserve the court while you are playing, you will lose your court.
To guarantee you have the court, you should go online and reserve it before playing.


9. Can I make multiple reservations per day?

Yes. As long as the total time is not over 2 hours, you can make multiple reservations per day.


10. I already played 2 hours in an open court in the morning and still have a 2 hours reservation in the afternoon. Should I cancel the afternoon reservation?

Yes. To follow the club rules and to respect other players, you should cancel the afternoon reservation.
If there are still open courts in the afternoon, you can use it in a first come first use basis.


11. I already max out my reservations and still want to play. What should I do?

  • a. Check the online reservation system to see if any court is open.
  • b. If there is a court not reserved, go there and check out if anyone is using it.
  • c. If all the courts are occupied, check the PTL sheet and see how long they have been playing.
  • d. If they are playing for more than 2 hours, you have the right to take the court; otherwise, wait for your turn.


Last revision: 1/29/24

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Irvine Colony Club Tennis/Pickleball Rules

Irvine Colony Tennis/Pickleball Court Rules